17 July 2005

Light the Night Breakfast with John and Dave Stedman


From John B Stedman:

My brother, David, and I are hosting a breakfast on July 26, 2005 from 8:00 to 9:00 at the Mint Museum on Randolph Road. I would like to invite you to be our guest. At this delectable continental breakfast, we will encourage you to form a team to walk in the Light the Night Walk. The Light the Night Walk raises money to find a cure for blood-related cancers and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Last year was the first time that I participated in the Light the Night Walk. I was inspired to participate since my father died of Leukemia in 2001.

Here is my view on the walk: My family, friends, and co-workers will join 1000 other people on a cool October evening at the Mint Museum for food and fellowship. We will walk through the Eastover neighborhood holding red and white balloons. Each person carrying a red balloon is a volunteer and each person carrying a white balloon is a cancer survivor. My children were amazed at the line of balloons as far as you can see with inspirational white balloons bouncing along the way. Think about the courage of these cancer survivors walking with this group and proudly letting people know of their illness. It was truly inspirational and a great evening with people that I care about. This year, the event will be held Friday evening, October 21st at the Mint Museum. Last year, we raised more than $147,000 with over 1000 walkers. Many area businesses and organizations already participate in the Light The Night Walk and the number is growing every year! In order to continue this growth, we must increase the number of area businesses, families and individuals that participate in the Light The Night Walk.

Please consider spending one hour having breakfast with me on July 26 at the Mint Museum. You will hear from two cancer survivors, Matthew Reynolds and Damon DiOrio, who will share their passion in supporting this cause. At the end of the breakfast, I hope you will be inspired to form a team and join me in our walk to fight cancer.
Please RSVP to Cindy Bradley at 704-998-5012, ext. 104 at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Best regards, John
John B. Stedman, Jr.
President/CEO The Scottish Bank
1057 Providence Road Charlotte, NC 28207
Ph: 704-331-8686, ext. 101 Fax: 704-331-9695
www.thescottishbank.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home